Let Use Show You The "Whey" To Go
With so many protein powders available, it’s confusing to figure out which one is best for refueling after a workout. If you’re like most people, shopping for a protein powder that fits your needs can be a daunting process, and you probably feel even more confused leaving the health food store than before you walked in. If this is you, you’re not alone, and it certainly doesn’t help that marketing does as
If this is you, you’re not alone, and it certainly doesn’t help that marketing does an excellent job at making unhealthy protein powders look healthy. On top of that, there are also endless protein options available, which makes it impossible to know which one is best. The good news is that I am here to make things a little simpler for you, and discuss why grass fed whey protein is one of the best protein powders for a post workout shake.
4 Reasons why you should Re-fuel with Whey:
1. Whey Protein contains all 20 Amino Acids: Whey protein contains all essential amino acids that your body must obtain from food. Essential amino acids are of particular importance, because your body cannot create them on its own. The good news is that whey protein contains all 20 of these aminos, making it a complete source of protein. Whey protein is also an excellent source of branched chain amino acids often referred to as BCAA’s, which is what most people are looking for when picking a protein powder. BCAA’s are essential for maintaining lean muscle mass while also promoting fat loss.
2. Whey Protein can Boost your Immune System and prevent you from Getting Sick! In need of a multi-use protein powder that does more than just support lean muscle mass? Whey protein is your pick. Whey protein, and mainly grass fed whey protein can help bolster your immune system due to its high concentration of amino acids. According to a study published in the " a strongJournal of Sports Science and Medicine,” whey protein assists in immune support by boosting glutathione levels in the body which is essential for fighting off germs. (1) If you’re looking for strong muscle and a healthy immune system, try whey protein.
3. Whey Protein is Quickly Digested: If you suffer from a sluggish digestive system, this ones for you! Did you know that whey protein is digested faster than other protein powder options? This means it gets into your bloodstream faster, fueling your muscles immediately after working out. Skip the heavy, and hard to digest protein powders, and try whey as your post workout fuel.
4. Whey is low in Calories: If you’re trying to shed some weight or build lean muscle, try re-fueling with a whey protein shake after working out. Whey protein is low in calories, but also low in fat and carbs making it the perfect option to fuel your body with and gain muscle without adding extra calories to your diet. Try the delicious chocolate protein recipe below for a rich and creamy protein shake that tastes like a milkshake but without the fat and excess calories.
3 Ingredients to Avoid when Picking a Protein
Sugar is downright toxic, and unfortunately found in many store bought protein powders. The last thing you want to do after working out is chug down a shake loaded with sugar to counteract all the good you just did for your body. Always check the label on your protein, and go for a protein power that is simply whey, and nothing else.2. Artificial Ingredients:
Here is another reason to stick with a high-quality grass fed whey protein powder. Artificial ingredients find their way into many protein powders, and can be hidden on the nutrition label as something you wouldn’t even think to question. Artificial ingredients can cause hormone disruption, weight gain, among other serious adverse effects. The best way to avoid these hidden ingredients is by using grass fed organic whey protein. This is going to ensure you are getting the highest quality whey available, while avoiding artificial ingredients at the same time.3. Heavy Metals:
You may be wondering how in the world heavy metals show up in protein powder! Sadly, independent laboratory studies have shown that certain protein powders carry heavy metals such as arsenic, lead, and mercury.
In 2010, Consumer Reports reported that the highest level of heavy metals was found in chocolate and vanilla cream flavors of certain brand name protein powders! (3) This proves that not all protein powders are made the same, and the ingredients that go into these powders can significantly impact your health for better or worse. Stick with a trusted brand that uses organic, and grass fed products with real food ingredients to avoid any heavy metal consumption. You want to guarantee that you are feeding your body with the protein, and nutrition it needs for recovery.
While everyone is different, whey protein makes an excellent post-workout shake. However, it’s important to keep in mind that not all whey protein is created equal. Perfectly Natural Nutrition has a delicious grass fed whey protein in 3 different flavors. Perfectly Natural Nutrition’s grass fed, whey protein powder will help your muscles recover, fuel your entire body post workout, and boost your immune system at the same time. Fueled with branched chained amino acids, and the highest quality whey protein available, Perfectly Natural Nutrition makes a safe, high quality, and healthy choice for a post workout shake.
Give this recipe a try for a delicious meal replacement or post workout shake!
Superfood Chocolate Shake
1 cup of unsweetened almond milk
One frozen banana
½ cup of frozen blueberries
One handful of fresh spinach
1 Tbsp. Raw cocoa powder
One scoop of Perfectly Natural chocolate whey protein
1 Tbsp. Chia seeds
One handful of ice
1. Just place all of the ingredients into the base of your blender in the order listed, and blend until smooth.
2. Enjoy as a post workout shake.